For yoga teachers, yoga teacher trainees or yoga practitioners with at least a one year of consistent practice
LIMITED TO 20 SPACES
In this immersion we will explore in detail the anatomy and physiology of our body applied to practising and teaching yoga. All the areas covered are related directly back to the asana practice. The sessions are interactive and experiential with lots of group work and there is strong focus on healthy alignment and practising safely. A detailed manual is included.
The immersion is ideal for those with an established practice, who want to learn more about their body, go deeper in their yoga practice and prevent injury on and off the yoga mat.
By the end of the weekend you will feel confident to analyse any yoga asana with a clear understanding of all the key joint movements and muscle actions, the key alignment principles of the posture and how to practise/teach the posture safely and inclusively.
Areas covered in the immersion include:
• An introduction to muscle, bone and fascia looking at the structure and function of these tissues and how we can relate this to yoga
• A detailed exploration of the anatomy of the foot, ankle, knee, hip and pelvis
• A detailed exploration of the anatomy of the shoulder girdle, shoulder joint, elbow, wrist and hand
• A detailed exploration of the sacrum, lumbar spine, thoracic spine, cervical spine, abdomen and chest
• Detailed exploration of the nervous and respiratory systems: the science behind why yoga is so good for us!
The event runs from 11.00am – 5.00pm each day
This immersion counts towards CPD requirements for all Yoga Alliance US members.
"The workshops with Andrew were fantastic. I really got so much from them. My own practice and teaching has become so much more informed." Kylie P
"For anyone practising or teaching yoga who is keen to increase their practical understanding of anatomy within yoga I can't recommend Andrew's training enough. Really accessible, inspiring and enjoyable." Anna T