For teachers + teacher trainees
As a teacher it can often be challenging to know exactly how to support students who come to your yoga class with an injury. This workshop aims to give you the knowledge and confidence you need to be able to approach, support and empower students with common injuries.
In this six hour workshop we will:
1) discuss the most common injuries and medical conditions that students present to class with
2) look at basic guidelines for the best way to approach a student who has an injury
3) review the anatomy of the parts of the body that are most commonly injured
4) address how specific asana can be modified or supported with props depending on certain injuries
5) discuss simple techniques for helping students to strengthen and stabilise injured areas of their body
This workshop counts towards CPD requirements for Yoga Alliance US members.
There will be a mixture of discussion, lecture, group work and practical demonstration.
The day will run from 10.00am - 12.30pm and 2.00pm - 5.30pm.
"I attended this workshop and thought it was one of the most useful, information-packed events I have been on." Sian O, Yoga Teacher