A follow-on workshop for teachers who have taken my Anatomy + Physiology Applied to Yoga Immersion
Limited to 24 students
The day will comprise of two parts:
Part 1) Supporting Injured Students
As a teacher it can often be challenging to know exactly how to support students who come to your yoga class with an injury. This workshop aims to give you the knowledge and confidence you need to be able to approach, support and empower students with common injuries.
In this section we will:
1) discuss the most common injuries and medical conditions that students present to class with
2) look at basic guidelines for the best way to approach a student who has an injury
3) review the anatomy of the parts of the body that are most commonly injured
4) address how specific asana can be modified or supported with props depending on certain injuries
5) discuss simple techniques for helping students to strengthen and stabilise injured areas of their body
Part 2) Yoga practices to integrate key principals of anatomy, physiology and biomechanics
I will lead a series of practices that are designed to incorporate some of the key principals of anatomy, physiology and biomechanics that I teach in my workshops. There will be copy of the practices for you to take home and plenty of time to ask questions.
The day will run from 10.30am - 1.30pm and 2.30pm - 5.30pm
This workshop counts towards CPD requirements for Yoga Alliance members.